New for Auger and Energy loss electron spectroscopy:
Compact Single-Pass Energy Analyzer ESA 100
The ESA100 is a very compact energy analyzer with cylindrical mirror symmetry, able to fit or retrofit standard systems. In addition to the classic advantages of the normal CMA design, the new analyzer offers following exciting features:
- Large working distance, as much as 33 mm with a large clearance around the spectrometer
- Variable energy resolution and resolving power, electronically selectable
- Large accepted sample area and uncritical positioning of the sample
- Very good stability of the energy calibration versus sample position
- Integrated electron source with a wide energy range
- Multitasking software capability on PCs with complete control of the analyzer
- Retraction device (option)
View of the ESA 100
The size of the mounting flange is CF100mm ID or CF6″ OD. The position of the sample, represented by the spike shown in front of the device, shows the wide space available around the sample.
A large number of distances from flange to sample are available and special adapters are also offered to fit standard and special vacuum chambers. The integral electron gun delivers a fine focused beam over a wide range of energies with scanning capability. Optional SEM imaging of the sample allows an exact selection of the analyzed area.
- Energy range: 10 eV to 2,500 eV
- Resolution: 1 eV to 10 eV, electronically adjustable
- Excellent energy resolution at higher primary beam energy for REELS applications (1 eV @ 1000 eV)
- Resolving power: 0.1% to 0.6%, electronically adjustable
- Analyzer modes: dE= const. and dE/E= const., electronically selectable
- Lock-In technique
- Pulse counting technique
- Data Acquisition
- WinSpectro XP acquisition and analysis software and interfaces for multitasking capability. Control of energy, resolution, analyzer mode, and multiplier.
- WinSpectroSEM software and SEM accessories for X, Y scanning and imaging of the sample
- Genuine UHV design, bakeout up to 250° C maximum